Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 167529
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our team have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audio-visual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge ahead
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our creative team working on the Need For Speed franchise to help solve challenges the teams face. You’ll be working on improving workflows and pipelines, creating new tools and researching new approaches. You will report to the Technical Art Director and work in collaboration with content creators and other Technical Artists on features and content creation techniques.
What will a Tools and Pipeline Technical Artist do:
- You will explore potential improvements to our pipelines and workflows in collaboration with the Art Leads, and create proof-of-concept tools that can benefit the team.
- Working with Technical Artists, Tools Software Engineers & Rendering Software Engineers you’ll convert prototype solutions into production workflows and tools.
- Help support content creation teams on a wide range of topics from workflow improvements to improving quality to optimisation.
- Work on both DCC side tools as well as Game Editor side tools and scripts.
- Bring your expertise to future plans, including roadmaps for engine development, tech art and content workflows
- Stay up to date with industry trends in content tools, workflows and pipelines
- Be part of a creative team of cross discipline collaborators with a passion for the game they’re working on
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working as a Technical Artist on AAA game or film projects
- An understanding of the architecture for complex tools and pipelines with a focus on content creator friendly workflows and scalability.
- Effective at communicating and working with different audiences to partner in technology and tool development: Content Creators, Technical Artists, Tools and Rendering SEs.
- Experience using and setting up Automation for content/asset processing.
- Understanding of a wide range of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high-quality.
- A proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, C#, C++
- Knowledge of 3D Art packages and workflows: Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini, Etc.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems together
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-13 12:50:30.3
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.