Software Engineering Manager - Madden
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 167485
Position Title: Manager Engineering
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
In your role as a Software Engineering Manager, you will help us build a motivated team. You will bring a background of varied technical capabilities that can include system design, engineering workflows, and online architectures. Reporting to a Development Director or Technical Director, this means building thoughtful engineering teams, partnering with the teams and responsibilities that your teams will support, always with an eye on how to achieve the best quality capabilities and services that our players can rely on.
- You will run all aspects of people management for your diverse and global engineering teams. This ranges from hiring, to career growth and promotion, to performance management.
- You will improve team health (stress awareness and managing employee well-being).
- Organize and lead mentoring, knowledge-sharing, and guidance to grow your engineers.
- Drive staffing and recruitment for our teams. Help us by hiring the engineers we need to grow our engineering culture
- Foster an agile engineering culture that values delivery, quality, and good craftsmanship.
- Determine the technical resource requirements to meet project goals.
- Promote and help create technical processes, plans, and management of tasks for technical teams/features.
- Coordinate strategic efforts and planning with team members, project partners, product owners, and other partners.
- Improve workflows, tools, and iteration loops to increase productivity.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in engineering and technology, including attendance at conferences, seminars, and meet-ups
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7+ year relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience leading agile engineering teams of 6+ engineers
- Experience with mentoring, goal setting, mediation and career planning
- Experience identifying and recruiting talent based on staffing requirements; you understand candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
- Technical and practical understanding of OOP and C++ that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
- Experience with database technologies such as SQLServer, MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with development environment tools such as Perforce, Git, Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Manager - Madden
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無、および法律で保護されたその他のあらゆる状況は考慮されません。 また、犯罪歴のある人物の雇用も、募集要項を満たす応募者の場合は適用法令に従って検討します。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Date Opened: 2021-08-16 17:39:40.09
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。