Software Engineering Manager - Madden
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 167485
Position Title: Manager Engineering
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
In your role as a Software Engineering Manager, you will help us build a motivated team. You will bring a background of varied technical capabilities that can include system design, engineering workflows, and online architectures. Reporting to a Development Director or Technical Director, this means building thoughtful engineering teams, partnering with the teams and responsibilities that your teams will support, always with an eye on how to achieve the best quality capabilities and services that our players can rely on.
- You will run all aspects of people management for your diverse and global engineering teams. This ranges from hiring, to career growth and promotion, to performance management.
- You will improve team health (stress awareness and managing employee well-being).
- Organize and lead mentoring, knowledge-sharing, and guidance to grow your engineers.
- Drive staffing and recruitment for our teams. Help us by hiring the engineers we need to grow our engineering culture
- Foster an agile engineering culture that values delivery, quality, and good craftsmanship.
- Determine the technical resource requirements to meet project goals.
- Promote and help create technical processes, plans, and management of tasks for technical teams/features.
- Coordinate strategic efforts and planning with team members, project partners, product owners, and other partners.
- Improve workflows, tools, and iteration loops to increase productivity.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in engineering and technology, including attendance at conferences, seminars, and meet-ups
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7+ year relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience leading agile engineering teams of 6+ engineers
- Experience with mentoring, goal setting, mediation and career planning
- Experience identifying and recruiting talent based on staffing requirements; you understand candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
- Technical and practical understanding of OOP and C++ that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
- Experience with database technologies such as SQLServer, MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with development environment tools such as Perforce, Git, Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment best practices
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineering Manager - Madden
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare, anzianità o qualsiasi altra caratteristica protetta dalla legge. Considereremo anche i candidati qualificati con fedina penale sporca, in virtù delle leggi applicabili. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.
Date Opened: 2021-08-16 17:39:40.09
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.