Multiple Locations: Helsinki, Finland • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 167480
Position Title: Lighting Director
Create and Frostbite Senior Lighter
As a Lighting Artist in this role, you will be a part of the EA Create team, however, the focus is supporting the Frostbite team in development. You'll help make our engine’s process for AAA game development more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators. Your passion and expertise with the technical challenges of lighting will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
- Use your technical and artistic expertise with lighting to guide Frostbites continued development and improvement of its lighting systems.
- Collaborate directly with Frostbite engineers to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
- Work with a team of technical artists and content creators to build tech examples, demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
- Work and review with the Creative Director directly, providing feedback to guide the lighting efforts to the team.
- Collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA Studios using Frostbite.
- Gather feedback from and share with the wider EA lighting community, establishing best practices knowledge.
Required Technical Experience
- Expertise in game engine (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite or other proprietary) lighting solutions for both game play and cinematic systems.
- Experience with the range of technical solutions and methods in lighting and rendering systems
- Have shipped titles as a lighting artist with 5+ years' experience in software game development and 8+ years overall lighting experience.
- Build lighting in game engine with different lighting passes such as direct and indirect lighting passes for exterior and interior in large scale maps
- Identify lighting issues and apply fixes in runtime and on statically-lit meshes
- Lighting knowledge with Maya, or other commercial 3D tools or renderers
- Experience with portrait lighting, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
- Knowledge of color theory, composition, light, and form
- Work from reference materials and concept
- Experience in node based visual programming
- Provide high-quality content and receive feedback and adapt to it
- Experience teaching or training others in the skills of real-time lighting
- Love of learning, experimenting with new ideas and discovering ways to improve production workflows and rendering
- You love a good challenge and aren't afraid to address technical issues you don't know how to solve.
- Create polygonal modelling, and texture UV is considered an asset
Community / Marketing Title: Lighting Director
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-17 17:27:08.367
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.