Software Engineer I
位置: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 167474
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Software Engineer – I – Player & Developer Experience, EA Digital Platform (EADP)
We are EA
Electronic Arts are more than you’ve ever realized. We’re more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we’re a vibrant community of over 8,000 artists, storytellers, technologists, and innovators working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to thrive, take risks, and dream big. Our unique studios create amazingly creative and fun games - fast-paced puzzles, adrenaline-filled warfare, galaxy spanning adventures, high-speed racing, and sports so realistic you can practically feel the grass under your feet.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we’re currently going through an exciting digital transformation. The effects of this on EA’s business have been profound. In the fiscal year 2014, 45% ($1.8 billion) of our non-GAAP net revenues came from digital offerings. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $86 billion in 2016.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company can deliver EA’s portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry’s best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
What a Software Engineer in Test, Systems Test Engineering does at EA:
This unique role is the glue that ties the game teams and the core game platform and shared services. This is done by performing a system-level analysis of the game design, game security and supportability, and in-depth load and performance testing. We build systems and tools that aid in performance evaluation and do “systems test as a service” across EA. Success has customers spending more hours with our portfolio of games because they are fast and performant; having “EA Servers” powering a game becomes a competitive differentiator. This effort requires expertise spanning platform technologies, infrastructure technologies, and game engine and client technology across EA’s broad portfolio of mobile, console, and PC games as well as other consumer-facing touchpoints.
- Perform stress and load testing. This includes coming up with a test design, gameplay driven scenarios, and evaluating actual game logs to come up with an accurate representation of load to generate and set up a complex distributed test environment to run tests and generate load
- Create, maintain and improve test code in C++/Java/Scala to support applications and features
- Execute tests and provide accurate analysis and reporting of test results
- Analyze and troubleshoot system and network issues relating to performance and test automation processes
- Troubleshooting to find the root cause of issues identified during testing – isolate test issues vs system component issues.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to track and resolve issues
- Communication of test status and results to key stakeholders
- Work across teams to identify, define key metrics, and set up performance benchmarks
- Design, develop, and run experiments to gauge the effectiveness of benchmarks
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA’s platform and infrastructure lead the assessment of failures and determining root causes and drive fixes
- Coordinate closely with corporate communications and customer experience to listen to our players everywhere including social media, email, chat, and phone
The next great EA Software Engineer, Systems Test Engineering also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher
- 1-3 years of relative experience
- Expertise in object-oriented design/programming, strong programming expertise in either C/C++ or Java
- Knowledgeable in the area of scalable platform architecture, end to end systems design, and architecture
- Passion and creativity for problem-solving
- Familiarity with visualization tools (like Grafana etc.,) and database technologies (MySql, Redis, Mongo DB, etc.,)
- Able to work and problem-solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaptation, and initiative
- A passion for gaming and a highly analytical and creative thinker
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-06 23:13:40.623
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。