Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 167441
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Orlando FL, Seattle, WA, USA.
Vancouver, BC, Kitchener, ON
The EA Mobile Central Technology team is seeking a full-stack engineer to help us build and maintain the libraries, tools, and platforms utilized across all of EA Mobile. As a member of this team, you can have a positive impact on every EA Mobile player.
- Design and build software systems that will be integrated into a large number of games.
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, debugging, maintenance and support.
- Investigate new and emerging methods for solving problems in an evolving technology space.
- Analyze device telemetry data to identify player behaviors and devise approaches for responding to changes in behavior.
- Contribute to thoughtful code reviews, recommending ways to improve our processes, continually enhancing/refactoring code, and promoting great testing practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in C++, Java, and/or C# languages, and object-oriented design skills.
- Experience with mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android).
- Experience with full-stack mobile/web app development.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable distributed systems and microservices.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum-based development processes.
- Demonstrated collaboration, leadership and partnership skills working across team boundaries and cross-functional projects.
- Can clearly and effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with game anti-cheat, fraud and other game security issues.
- Reverse engineering skills, assembly programming, or understanding of low-level machine architecture.
- Experience with anti-tamper software, instrumenting or manipulating programs at a binary level, or creating cheats/bots for testing.
- Knowledge of operating system internals.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-11 15:12:50.03
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.