Múltiples localizaciones: Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 167432
Position Title: Manager IT
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is tough. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
We are the IT team who supports AAA game development in a highly collaborative environment at our Los Angeles studios; EALA, Industrial Toys, Ripple Effect Studios, and Respawn at Electronic Arts (EA).
Come help us power the future of play with the teams developing Battlefield franchise titles.
The Site IT Manager is responsible for analyzing and directing all IT End Point Services activities, the supervision of all Desktop Support and Engineering staff of our Battlefield Studios in Los Angeles. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of all IT End Point Services and the day-to-day operations of the studios from an IT technology perspective.
- Directly manage the Site Desktop Engineering and Operations Support team across multiple locations
- Work with key business partners to influence and champion technical solutions which support and enable game development
- Act as liaison between Business Stakeholders, Site IT, and Global IT Functions
- Participate in the security of Intellectual Property within the studio through existing standard security operating procedures and policies.
- Support and manage security in alignment with EA security initiatives
- Continuous improvement of IT onboarding process / Remote IT onboarding process
- Setting and managing Studio IT Desktop budget
- Software Lifecycle management and planning
- Asset management and tracking
- Project management/coordination on technical projects
- Spot business challenges and lead the team to develop technical solutions through automation and engineering best practices
- Recruit, hire, coach, grow and develop team members
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills with users, management, technical and non-technical team members
- Proven track record of strong technical leadership, people management, and mentoring experience of a multi-site team
- Drive Technology learning and usage within the department and studios
- Lead the evaluation, implementation, and support of technology within the business
- Smart problem solver, with a customer centric focus
- Forecast resources (budget, assets and/or personnel) for projects as required for IT operations
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT technology and remain highly technical
- Prepares long and short-term plans for the Site IT Teams and acquisition of the resources and needs to support them, assuring alignment to long term studio objectives of each studio
- Develop means to capture and analyze data based on developing metrics for support
- Develop IT strategies, road maps, and technical architectures to support and enable the rapid growth and continued development of the business.
- Extra credit - A passion for working in the video game industry
- BS in Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Prefers 7 or more years of experience in all aspects of IT
- Prefers 5 or more years of experience in leadership or management of IT teams
- Extensive knowledge of current Productivity, collaboration, and software development products
- Experience with IT Service Management Tools like ServiceNow
- Proactive, assertive, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize or task switch between multiple projects
- Exceptional customer service and support skills both interacting with leadership and staff
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Not only that, we’re also confident we’ll provide you with opportunities to become an expert in our industry by offering hands on experience using and building with cutting-edge technologies.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano, o de cualquier otra característica protegida por ley. También consideramos candidatos cualificados con antecedentes penales, de acuerdo a la ley aplicable. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.
Days Open: 332
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.