Multiple Locations: Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 167432
Position Title: Manager IT
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is tough. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
We are the IT team who supports AAA game development in a highly collaborative environment at our Los Angeles studios; EALA, Industrial Toys, Ripple Effect Studios, and Respawn at Electronic Arts (EA).
Come help us power the future of play with the teams developing Battlefield franchise titles.
The Site IT Manager is responsible for analyzing and directing all IT End Point Services activities, the supervision of all Desktop Support and Engineering staff of our Battlefield Studios in Los Angeles. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of all IT End Point Services and the day-to-day operations of the studios from an IT technology perspective.
- Directly manage the Site Desktop Engineering and Operations Support team across multiple locations
- Work with key business partners to influence and champion technical solutions which support and enable game development
- Act as liaison between Business Stakeholders, Site IT, and Global IT Functions
- Participate in the security of Intellectual Property within the studio through existing standard security operating procedures and policies.
- Support and manage security in alignment with EA security initiatives
- Continuous improvement of IT onboarding process / Remote IT onboarding process
- Setting and managing Studio IT Desktop budget
- Software Lifecycle management and planning
- Asset management and tracking
- Project management/coordination on technical projects
- Spot business challenges and lead the team to develop technical solutions through automation and engineering best practices
- Recruit, hire, coach, grow and develop team members
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills with users, management, technical and non-technical team members
- Proven track record of strong technical leadership, people management, and mentoring experience of a multi-site team
- Drive Technology learning and usage within the department and studios
- Lead the evaluation, implementation, and support of technology within the business
- Smart problem solver, with a customer centric focus
- Forecast resources (budget, assets and/or personnel) for projects as required for IT operations
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT technology and remain highly technical
- Prepares long and short-term plans for the Site IT Teams and acquisition of the resources and needs to support them, assuring alignment to long term studio objectives of each studio
- Develop means to capture and analyze data based on developing metrics for support
- Develop IT strategies, road maps, and technical architectures to support and enable the rapid growth and continued development of the business.
- Extra credit - A passion for working in the video game industry
- BS in Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Prefers 7 or more years of experience in all aspects of IT
- Prefers 5 or more years of experience in leadership or management of IT teams
- Extensive knowledge of current Productivity, collaboration, and software development products
- Experience with IT Service Management Tools like ServiceNow
- Proactive, assertive, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize or task switch between multiple projects
- Exceptional customer service and support skills both interacting with leadership and staff
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives from creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Not only that, we’re also confident we’ll provide you with opportunities to become an expert in our industry by offering hands on experience using and building with cutting-edge technologies.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Manager
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 332
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.