Software Engineer C++ Generalist
Location: Melbourne VIC, Australia
Requisition Number: 167250
Position Title: Software Engineer III
C++ Engineer – Generalist
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and excellent tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with a deep player experience.
The Frostbite team develops tools and runtime technologies to promote the highest quality animation for Frostbite’s developers and users across EA worldwide. We work with our game team partners to develop our solutions and work in an agile way.
You will be a part of a team that has a passion for pushing technology and supporting teams while having fun. We are looking for someone who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies and works well with others.
- Develop high-quality tools and runtime technologies
- Follow Agile methodologies as defined by the team
- Follow engineering best practices as defined by the team
- Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure speedy resolution of issues
- Experience in the gaming industry, including rendering or graphics programming
- Proficient in C++
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience
- Software development experience with tools
- Low-level code optimization experience is a plus
- Experience developing on Agile teams
- Familiar with modern rendering techniques and APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX or Metal
- A background in high-quality deliverables and sustainable development practices including automated tests
- Demonstrated ownership for the success of internal customers
Wondering if you’ll meet all of our requirements? We know those dot points can’t capture all that you might bring to our team, so consider the above a starting point. If you’re interested, please reach out!
Creating amazing games starts with building a team that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We wholeheartedly celebrate that diversity, and are committed to fostering a workplace that is equitable and inclusive, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. For more on our commitment and progress - check out our 2021 Impact Report.
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
When it comes to flexibility – we’re hybrid forward, so you’ll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer C++ Generalist
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-26 22:25:17.047
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。