Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 167236
Position Title: Sr Manager Engineering
Senior Engineering Manager - EADP Central Engineering
We Are EA
We're EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console —to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organisation drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is important to making the industry's best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EA Hyderabad has an opportunity for an Engineering Manager position. As an Engineering Manager, you will report to the Director, Engineering. You will manage a team of engineers who are passionate about creating industry-leading software and help push our technologies forward while having fun. This opportunity is ideal for a leader with a couple of years of experience managing teams who still wants an opportunity to keep their hands in the code.
- You will build a team of highly engaged team and productive engineers
- You will directly oversee the career development of engineers on the team
- You will help determine software development best practices and implement them
- You will work with Customers, Product Managers and Programme Managers to gather the requirements, scope and ensure delivery of software products
- You will perform architecture, design and code reviews
- You will advocate clean code and clean architecture principles in software development
- You will ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
- Hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from reputed institutions
- 6+ years of experience as an engineer and 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Top-notch programming skills in Java and related frameworks such as Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience building scalable products on the cloud
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience or Knowledge with Docker & Kubernetes, Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies
- Experience working in a distributed global team
- High level of creativity.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness programme, Food Coupons, Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realise it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-26 22:28:51.617
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。