Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167220
Position Title: Software Engineer I
GameVault, EA’s preservation specialists and game historians and Development and Release Engineering (DRE), EA’s global automation specialists, are partnering to look for an engineer with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for gaming to take on the challenge of preserving our current games for future re-releases and remasters. This candidate will be working closely with everyone involved in game development including game, engine and content teams.
- Communicate with the game team, IT and partner teams to ensure requirements on preservation/archiving are accurate and up to date.
- Provide regular status reports, and fully document details on the title being archived/preserved.
- Set up a virtual machine with local Perforce server that contains game assets/source code for every changelist that was shipped or patched
- Set up build environment on the VM, replicate the build pipeline, debug and test that the builds produce runnable games for every changelist and SKU that were shipped/patched
- Verify generated binary and package integrity, ensuring the shipped builds have been accurately reproduced.
- Test basic game functionality (game booting, going into offline mode, etc.)
- Document the configuration and process
- Find ways to automate and/or improve the archiving/preservation process
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Design flexible solutions that work in multiple environments and require little to no maintenance. These solutions generally utilize existing tools rather than creating new ones
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Jenkins experience (or similar automation engine)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems including network, OS or hardware
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Software development experience (Co-op Terms included)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS (server & workstation)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integrations
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages), batch, and XML
- Experience writing and debugging in Java or C#
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Knowledge of existing CM tools and methodologies is advantageous
- Experience with large-scale, high-availability, high-throughput automation systems
- Experience working with gaming consoles
- Experience working with Linux, OSX/MacOS
- Experience with distributed build systems
- Experience in IP Preservation
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-21 21:10:07.803
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。