Lokalizacja: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 167220
Position Title: Software Engineer I
GameVault, EA’s preservation specialists and game historians and Development and Release Engineering (DRE), EA’s global automation specialists, are partnering to look for an engineer with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for gaming to take on the challenge of preserving our current games for future re-releases and remasters. This candidate will be working closely with everyone involved in game development including game, engine and content teams.
- Communicate with the game team, IT and partner teams to ensure requirements on preservation/archiving are accurate and up to date.
- Provide regular status reports, and fully document details on the title being archived/preserved.
- Set up a virtual machine with local Perforce server that contains game assets/source code for every changelist that was shipped or patched
- Set up build environment on the VM, replicate the build pipeline, debug and test that the builds produce runnable games for every changelist and SKU that were shipped/patched
- Verify generated binary and package integrity, ensuring the shipped builds have been accurately reproduced.
- Test basic game functionality (game booting, going into offline mode, etc.)
- Document the configuration and process
- Find ways to automate and/or improve the archiving/preservation process
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Design flexible solutions that work in multiple environments and require little to no maintenance. These solutions generally utilize existing tools rather than creating new ones
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Jenkins experience (or similar automation engine)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems including network, OS or hardware
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Software development experience (Co-op Terms included)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows OS (server & workstation)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integrations
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages), batch, and XML
- Experience writing and debugging in Java or C#
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Knowledge of existing CM tools and methodologies is advantageous
- Experience with large-scale, high-availability, high-throughput automation systems
- Experience working with gaming consoles
- Experience working with Linux, OSX/MacOS
- Experience with distributed build systems
- Experience in IP Preservation
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 100
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.