VFX Artist 2
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 167150
Position Title: Visual Effects Artist
Title: VFX Artist
Location: Shanghai, China
# of openings: 1
EA Shanghai is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
What a VFX Artist at EA will do:
- Craft VFX for the game, including but not limited to environments, abilities, combat and cinematic VFX.
- Research and gather reference for VFX solutions and utilize that knowledge in the development of VFX work.
- Work closely with the Lead Artists, Art Directors, and provides creative input specific to assigned tasks.
- Responsible for all technical and aesthetic considerations for the project’s visual effect art style.
- Solid technical abilities to aid in creating new visual effects art pipelines.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years’ experience in the game industry is preferred (or demonstrated equivalent visual effects ability).
- Experience with creating real-time VFX and particles in a game engine (Unreal/Unity/CryEngine…etc).
- Advanced knowledge of most game development tools (Houdini, Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Perforce, …etc);
- Solid understanding of animation, physical and timing principles.
- Solid understanding of shaders in modern game engines.
- Strong knowledge of animation, compositing and lighting skills that combine to create distinctive, believable VFX.
- Ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it, and re-create it in a real-time game engine.
- Broad understanding of technical aspects. Crafting with efficiency and being mindful of performance constraints.
- Quickly learn new techniques and adapt to a variety of art and engine related tasks.
- Experience one popular scripting language (Python, C#, …etc.) is a plus.
- Program HLSL, pixel and vertex shaders ability is a plus.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Good English reading and writing ability is a plus.
- High sense of responsibility, team work, self-motivation and passion.
- Honest, integrity, and flexible approach to work with persistent attitude.
- 熟悉大多数游戏开发工具（Houdini, Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Perforce等）
- 有一种流行的脚本语言（Python, C#, 等） 经验者优先。
- 有编写HLSL, pixel and vertex shaders 能力者是加分项。
Community / Marketing Title: VFX Artist 2
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-19 16:41:16.66
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.