Community Manager - BioWare
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 167134
Position Title: Manager, Community
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is currently searching for a Community Manager to support Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. The successful candidate will assist in managing all day-to-day operations for the Community team.
While working in a cross-functional team the Community Manager will assist team members, maintain studio relationships, and build strategic planning for all things Community. In-depth knowledge of the massively multiplayer online gaming community, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and a passion for communication are key success factors for this position.
- Define and implement new strategies for community growth and development
- Work with internal teams, including Marketing, Development, Production, and more to ensure a consistent strategy for Community development.
- Coordinate with Customer Experience partners to ensure parity between the studio and our players.
- Collaborate with internal development teams on player feedback and bug reporting.
- Manage relationships of external contractors, such as moderation services, etc.
- Assist in the creation, tracking, and writing of web and social media content.
- Act as a public voice for studio communication needs via official channels such as the official forums and live streams.
- Coordination, planning, and operation of community events.
- Assist in the curation and management of Influencers.
- Flexibility to take on additional Community functions by request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public relations or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of Community Management experience.
- Five or more years participating in online communities.
- Large scale Massively Multiplayer Online RPG community experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining forums.
- Experience working on large, team-based projects with strict deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with product and corporate branding in online marketing.
- Scheduling flexibility including off-hours, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Passion for gaming, the gaming industry, and online communities.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Community / Marketing Title: Community Manager - BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-15 19:06:01.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.