People Practices Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 167122
Position Title: Contingent
People Practices Manager
Note: This requisition is an evergreen post.
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It is not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully create programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams' experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
We're responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we're responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides outstanding benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
The Challenge Ahead: Our People Practices Partners are passionate about delivering simple and awesome people experiences while delivering programs and support in meaningful and efficient ways. You will connect with employees, partner with people managers, support team effectiveness and engagement programs, planning and delivering people programs and being a cultural steward for EA. You will report to the Director, People Practices.
What the People Practices Manager does at EA:
- Coaching: Partners with employees and managers to provide candid, unbiased coaching and counsel to enhance manager effectiveness and improve workforce capabilities to meet our needs;
- Collaboration: Builds relationships and works with internal partners, including business leaders, People Experience Business Partners and COE partners, to achieve impactful programs and people practices for the business/region; develop creative and enhanced solutions for complex project related needs;
- Talent Readiness: Support talent programs including talent planning, performance management, career and development in partnership with COE partners and HR business partners to grow talent;
- Insights & Analytics: Uses HR technology and business intelligence to provide data-driven insights that promote sound outcomes. Educate management on workforce analysis, headcount planning and related HR metrics to assess and influence / drive decisions;
- Business Acumen: You understand your client and market business models/cycles, priorities and cultural nuances as an input into operational execution;
- Project Leadership:You will promote talent initiatives and programs across multiple client groups and regions including engagement, talent management and focal programs; develop creative and enhanced solutions for complex project related needs;
- Change Management: Supports the organization's ability to change by developing the capacity and readiness for change and facilitating change programs for client group(s) including coaching management on planning and communications and ensuring change acceptance;
- Rewards Management: You will help us organize creative approaches to employee recognition and rewards that attracts and retains talent of a diverse workforce and reflects EA's philosophy and growth plans. Support the successful implementation of performance and compensation life-cycle across all assigned client group(s)/regions;
- Cultural Steward: Works with managers, employees and Center of Excellence teams to develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun and fair workplace;
The next great People Practices Manager at EA also needs to have the following
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field combined with 10 years progressive experience as an HR business partner;
- You have experience using data and data-driven insights to support the business;
- You're a builder of HR solutions based on HR best practices, as well as, an astute business member who employs solutions that affect our performance;
- Expertise with demonstrated experience in coaching, change management, and overall talent management;
- Change management skills -You can walk teams through transformantion, set clear objectices and build commitments;
- Outstanding project leadership and delivery experience; oversee region-wide, high impact talent programs across the business;
- Experience with local employment law combined with the ability to gain a high-level understanding of regional employment customs and practices;
- You have a passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage;
Community / Marketing Title: People Practices Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-15 01:00:15.86
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.