Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167117
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards
You will report to the Development Manager and work with your peers to provide excellent services to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Develop and maintain automation pipelines in our CI system (Jenkins)
- Work with our internal customers on designing, prototyping and implementing new automated workflows
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Monitor metrics to optimize automation systems
- Manage virtual infrastructure, including deploying and monitoring VMs
- Maintain the product backlog including tasks and their priorities
- 1+ year of experience or education in software development, or related discipline
- Excellent understanding of debugging best practices
- Experience with designing, creating, and maintaining automation jobs in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Groovy, Python, Powershell, Batch)
- Experience with source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Results oriented and analytical, with a customer and business focus.
- Creative, curious, and motivated to grow your technical abilities.
- Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Excellent documentation skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with OO languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
- Experience deploying and maintaining virtual infrastructure (e.g. Virtual Machines)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. ZABBIX)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with metrics gathering and visualization tools (e.g. Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Experience with container orchestration and management tools (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-15 14:29:46.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.