Multiple Locations: Ontario, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 167112
Position Title: Attorney 1
EA's Canadian Legal Team is now looking for an lawyer to join us as Legal Counsel. You will support EA's corporate groups, managing commercial and product related agreements, creating and reviewing company policies, conducting research, and working with Canada, US and European-based Legal Counsels. You will report to the Managing Counsel for Canada. This position can be based in Burnaby (BC), Edmonton (AB), Toronto (ON) or Montreal (QC).
What a Legal Counsel does at EA:
- Be the initial contact within the Canada Legal Team and provide recommendations on a wide variety of matters including licensing, technology, marketing, and corporate matters.
- Assist the Canada Legal Team in supporting EA's corporate departments, including reviewing and implementing contracts, providing training on corporate policies, and managing contingent worker issues.
- Communicate corporate and legal department policies to internal partners, conduct legal research, act to limit EA's legal liabilities, and work with other attorneys, senior management, and representatives of third-party companies.
- Review, draft and negotiate multiple types of contracts, including consulting agreements, marketing agreements, talent agreements, technology agreements, software license and other license agreements, product development agreements and master services agreements.
Who you are:
- Member in good standing of a Canadian Law Society - required
- Common law experience – required
- 3-5 years of experience with a law firm providing services for technology clients or relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology industry
- Experience in employment law
- Experience with the negotiation and preparation of commercial agreements
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
If you're interested in this opportunity, we'd like to learn a little more about you!
Community / Marketing Title: Legal Counsel
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-19 01:28:26.177
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.