Experience Designer - The Sims
Multiple Locations: Ireland • Helsinki, Finland • United Kingdom • Spain • Romania • Sweden • Germany
Requisition Number: 167096
Position Title: Experience Designer II
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it’s about amazing our fans. Taking risks, collaborating with each other and daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
Maxis is looking for an Experience Designer II, with experience leading design on large-scale products/games and experience working on social networks, e-commerce, and live services in both game and non-gaming products. You should excel in a collaborative and iterative environment and help guide these processes and methods forward. Come build amazing experiences with us!
- Drive user-centered design processes to provide outstanding design solutions for Maxis games.
- Partner with XD Leads and the larger XD team.
- Maintain and adhere to an existing comprehensive design system.
- Be a promoter of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
- Drive design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes.
- Produce mocks and visual artifacts.
- Implement UI in game engine.
- Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
- Partner with various team members to find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- At least 4 years of UX/UI experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role. Your experience includes some combination of: game and non-gaming products, live service and social networks.
- Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- A portfolio demonstrating user-centered designs across multiple digital products. Creating research and data informed designs that meet player needs and their motivations.
- You have an optimistic outlook, the desire to inspire excellence.
- Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity.
- You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
- You have a passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
- You can present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- Proficiency in multiple modern design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Principal, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.
- Familiarity with The Sims 4, The Sims franchise and the life simulation genre.
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Designer - The Sims
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-21 15:43:42.437
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.