Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167075
Position Title: Software Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is comprised of talent on a mission to deliver on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this is your chance to turn a job into something you love.
The UI Software Engineer will be directly involved in the design and implementation of HUT's User Interface, with opportunities to grow into a leadership role. You will also learn and work on other aspects of our game such as online / modes development, databases and developer tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- Work with Designers, Artists, Analysts and other Engineers to develop new features and development tools.
- Hands-on coding; requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain/build/own features and tech modules.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Work independently and communicate status.
- Identify, communicate and solve issues.
- Profile and identify performance and memory issues to meet performance targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Python, Lua and C#.
- Familiar with UI best practices and patterns.
- Knowledge of modern Database technologies.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Knowledge of Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multithreaded architectures.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-13 19:32:57.987
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.