Lead Build Engineer
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 167055
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Reporting to the Technical Director of the Respawn team in Redwood Shores, we're looking for an experienced Lead Build Engineer - Mobile who will embrace our culture and share their hard-earned expertise to make and provide builds to all parties and ensure that releases go smoothly. We're picturing someone who is experienced in mobile game development, passionate about the build process, and eager to help our teams hit their development goals. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do
- Create, review, and distribute Builds and Patches
- Create, own and maintain pipelines, fix issues when they arise
- Coordinate server deploys for internal and QV team
- Work proactively with the team when errors occur in the build process, helping to identify the cause(s) and what's needed to fix the build
- Design/optimize build automation tools and build / release metrics dashboards
- Prioritize, and plan engineering deliverables within the Build and Release team
- Mentor junior engineers
- Coordinate with the QA team on production build testing
- Communicate status of builds and associated deadlines
- Improve release and integration processes
You will have / be
- 5+ years of experience in Build and Release operations or DevOps
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and deployment tools
- Experience with scripting languages on Windows and OSX, specifically Python, Bash and batch files
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS DevOps, Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with CM tooling such as Perforce, Gitlab including branching, integration, and merging techniques
- Familiarity with software development / programming, with competence in at least one programming language (e.g. C#)
- Knowledge of mobile certificate / profile management & processes
- Experience predicting/catching issues before they come up, and resolving them when they do arise
- Experience with mobile game development and related tools
- Familiarity with Microsoft AppCenter including integration and distribution
- Familiarity with Apple Testflight and Google Beta
- Passion for making and playing games
- Good working knowledge of Mandarin is essential for the role as it require frequent liaising with Chinese stakeholders
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Build Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-15 16:33:08.747
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.