VFX Director - SKATE
Posizioni multiple: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Pasadena, CA, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 167048
Position Title: Technical Art Director
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to deliver an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
As an experienced VFX Director, reporting to Skate’s Art Director, you will:
- Create overall content goals for the VFX domain designed to achieve game product goals set by Franchise Leadership.
- Develop and communicate technical requirements for real-time game engine visual effects systems, workflows, & tools to serve game team product goals.
- Stay current with and exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge about the current state of the industry in real-time Visual Effects.
- Educate and Articulate VFX concepts to our game team through presentations including members of other disciplines, such as Engineering, Operations, and Production.
- Drive inclusion of new VFX solutions and workflows in tech roadmaps, including engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps that meet product requirements.
- Drive selection of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions for the production VFX team to use in their workflows.
- Explore different visual looks through reference-gathering and prototype development in-engine with the intent of defining visual effects direction.
- Establish standards of quality through the joint development of visual targets and shaderboxes with the guidance of the Art Director.
- Work with Technical Artists and Rendering SEs to set technical standards and production processes to guide the VFX team's work and ensure that their work achieves visual quality while also meeting performance standards.
- Create style-guides to describe how VFX will contribute to the visual direction of the title.
- Directly create proof-of-concept work in pre-production with the intent of creating estimates for a lighting team to replicate in production.
- Create test case levels for performance testing to establish performance benchmarks with a Tech Artist.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- You have at least 10 years experience in technical art and are experience with architecture of a holistic system for efficient VFX placement & generation applicable to realistic open-world or sandbox titles.
- You have competence with shader development (either HLSL or graph-based) for development of pixel and vertex shaders to enhance visual effects and systems.
- You're experienced in developing real-time VFX for a single title that scales across multiple platforms with a wide performance delta (e.g., Mobile, Console, Gaming PC).
- You have experience simulating convincing weather effects that work together with a time-of-day system and other visual phenomena such as atmospherics and flares.
- Have high proficiency with SideFX Houdini or other procedural content generation package.
- Experience with physics simulation including fluids, rigid body, soft body and cloth as well.
- Experience creating visual filters, post-FX, and screen space effects desirable.
- Proficiency in sculpting, modeling, rigging and animation desirable.
Community / Marketing Title: VFX Director - SKATE
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-12 23:20:30.623
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.