Software Engineer 1
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 167001
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Software Engineer I - EAX
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important projects for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These projects include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Site Reliability Engineer 2, you will be embedded in a feature delivery team, promoting SRE values and goals, which means partnering with teams to establish and measure Service Level Indicators (SLIs) for reliability, build and maintain infrastructure and empower the team to design, implement and run their end-to-end services. Always with an eye on using data to inform decisions. As part of the broader Site Reliability Engineering family you will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager as a core contributor to the EAX team based in EA Vancouver.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA's subscription services now spanning three major platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA's games and ensuring more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that "we see farther", and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a track record for:
- Plan and deliver infrastructure to meet a product teams requirement
- Reduce manual workload with automation
- Participate in on-call activities to restore services
- Perform quality cause analyses and ensure improvements are implemented
- Make decisions based on data
- Document your learnings and best practices
- Implement monitoring that identifies service disruptions
- Find your way. You've got experience that helps you work and succeed in a organization
- Most notably you'll have a rare mix of development and operational skills that provide an understanding of what it takes to design and run services at scale - and achieve the capabilities with infrastructure as code
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 4+ years of experience in a highly technical role focused on development and operation of complex live services
- Familiar with service reliability in a cloud environment including:
- Infrastructure architecture
- Scaling and load testing
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Monitoring and alerting
- Kubernetes and Docker
- CI / CD and software delivery pipelines
- Comfortable contributing high-quality, well tested code to complex code bases in many languages including:
- Shell scripting
- Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Content Delivery Networks
- Web sockets
- Distributed Tracing tools
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer 1
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-12 21:05:37.337
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.