Audio Artist III
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 166938
Position Title: Audio Artist III
EA Create Audio is an award-winning audio team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, our Audio team is driving industry-leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation, and uncompromising quality.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within our team, directly supporting titles in EA Sports.
Audio Artists will own the audio-specific project(s), with the goal of creating a quality audio experience. Reporting to the Development Manager and taking direction from the Audio Leads, you will need to have skills in post-production and in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in more than one key component – sound design, music, voice production, and implementation.
- You would be responsible for designing and implementing audio content.
- Designing and implementing sound patches according to our technical guidelines.
- You would help debug logic schematics and system components.
- Responsible for setup, tuning and debugging behavior of coded or prefabricated runtime systems.
- You would utilize visual programming and scripting languages to achieve desired results from audio runtime systems.
- Have an understanding of the interactions between various runtime systems, their effects on mix, and other global systems.
- Understand and author scripted workflows.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years audio production experience (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of game audio experience
- Experience in field recording and remote production
- Fully proficient in DAW production and associated audio production tools
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Proficiency in Python scripting a plus
- Solid experience using game audio development tools, technology, and pipelines
- Solid understanding of multichannel audio production and object audio considerations
- Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
- Outstanding sound design and listening skills
- Experience in the area of technical implementation of game audio
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Artist III
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-12 17:37:24.057
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.