Associate Quality Designer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166933
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Respawn Entertainment is an Oscar winning AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We are now searching for a Associate Quality Designer to join one of our AAA game titles. Working in Quality Assurance you perform a vital role in game development, supporting iterative development. Essentially, you are the expert and voice of quality for an assigned game, franchise or feature. The job involves testing and playing the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, you act as the game’s first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. A Sr. QA Analyst will help steer the quality of multiple features and content throughout the game development process.
The Associate Quality Designer role applies black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify issues through the course of the project. as early as possible in the development cycle. They review designs to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates and review designs for “fun”. This requires strong test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
- Work with QA, Game Designers, Engineers and to identify areas of improvement through feature understanding and analyzing, tools, reports and analysis
- Partner with QAPM and development team to execute a game quality plan throughout the game development cycle (both development & operation phase)
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
- Identify key areas for automation opportunities
- Analyze and report potential risks of features and systems and escalate as appropriate
- Identify the test scope and communicate/drive QA team, influence/drive improvements as required
- Able to recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Collaborate daily with key stakeholders of Production and Development, and drive activities such as Bug triage, Optimizing tools, etc
- Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of QA processes
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
- Capture and update key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
- Standardize QA activities and processes by collaborating with WWQA teams as required
- Strong decision-making skills, able to review facts, weigh options and anticipate consequences of decisions.
- Be the voice of quality for the project
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Experience working in Unreal Engine or other similar editors is an asset.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management
- Preferable experience of working with teams over multiple sites/countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Strong observational skills, analytical and results-oriented, able to communicate ideas in the form of comprehensive reports, analysis and presentations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
- Ability to analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and escalate potential improvements
- 5+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-14 16:37:01.163
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.