Associate Quality Designer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166933
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Respawn Entertainment is an Oscar winning AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We are now searching for a Associate Quality Designer to join one of our AAA game titles. Working in Quality Assurance you perform a vital role in game development, supporting iterative development. Essentially, you are the expert and voice of quality for an assigned game, franchise or feature. The job involves testing and playing the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, you act as the game’s first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. A Sr. QA Analyst will help steer the quality of multiple features and content throughout the game development process.
The Associate Quality Designer role applies black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify issues through the course of the project. as early as possible in the development cycle. They review designs to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates and review designs for “fun”. This requires strong test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
- Work with QA, Game Designers, Engineers and to identify areas of improvement through feature understanding and analyzing, tools, reports and analysis
- Partner with QAPM and development team to execute a game quality plan throughout the game development cycle (both development & operation phase)
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
- Identify key areas for automation opportunities
- Analyze and report potential risks of features and systems and escalate as appropriate
- Identify the test scope and communicate/drive QA team, influence/drive improvements as required
- Able to recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Collaborate daily with key stakeholders of Production and Development, and drive activities such as Bug triage, Optimizing tools, etc
- Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of QA processes
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
- Capture and update key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
- Standardize QA activities and processes by collaborating with WWQA teams as required
- Strong decision-making skills, able to review facts, weigh options and anticipate consequences of decisions.
- Be the voice of quality for the project
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Experience working in Unreal Engine or other similar editors is an asset.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management
- Preferable experience of working with teams over multiple sites/countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Strong observational skills, analytical and results-oriented, able to communicate ideas in the form of comprehensive reports, analysis and presentations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
- Ability to analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and escalate potential improvements
- 5+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2021-07-14 16:37:01.163
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.