Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166919
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are looking for a data engineering expert able to design and implement data processes that are at the center of our EA Sports Security team's operation. Reporting to the Senior Data Engineer and working with our team of Data Scientists you can adopt a security mindset to predict the adversaries' moves and ensure the right data is available to detect them.
- Work with raw data, design schemas, optimize data transformations, and manage deployments and maintenance of data pipelines
- Develop business intelligence and reporting solutions
- End-to-end administration and maintain tools, systems, pipelines and ETLs
- Communicate designs, issues and trade-offs to partners
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Some familiarity with machine learning, and statistical approaches to data analysis
- You have experience solving complex data engineering problems in maintainable and scalable fashion
- Some familiarity with AWS cloud architectures and web application development
- Experience with several languages: Java, Python, R, SAS, SQL and related data gathering and analysis tools
- A BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Splunk, Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with Data Engineering tools like Airflow
- Exposure to Security in areas such as network/software security and an understanding of security data, attack vectors and more
- Experience with Visualization tools and libraries such as Tableau and Looker
- Software development experience
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-08 17:18:31.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.