Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166919
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are looking for a data engineering expert able to design and implement data processes that are at the center of our EA Sports Security team's operation. Reporting to the Senior Data Engineer and working with our team of Data Scientists you can adopt a security mindset to predict the adversaries' moves and ensure the right data is available to detect them.
- Work with raw data, design schemas, optimize data transformations, and manage deployments and maintenance of data pipelines
- Develop business intelligence and reporting solutions
- End-to-end administration and maintain tools, systems, pipelines and ETLs
- Communicate designs, issues and trade-offs to partners
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Some familiarity with machine learning, and statistical approaches to data analysis
- You have experience solving complex data engineering problems in maintainable and scalable fashion
- Some familiarity with AWS cloud architectures and web application development
- Experience with several languages: Java, Python, R, SAS, SQL and related data gathering and analysis tools
- A BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Splunk, Hadoop and Spark
- Familiarity with Data Engineering tools like Airflow
- Exposure to Security in areas such as network/software security and an understanding of security data, attack vectors and more
- Experience with Visualization tools and libraries such as Tableau and Looker
- Software development experience
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-08 17:18:31.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.