Lead LiveOps Product Manager
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Requisition Number: 166908
Position Title: Lead Game PM
As the Live Operations Product Manager, you will build creative and sustainable ways to maximize the lifetime value of our players by analyzing data, managing the in-game economy, and designing tools to help refine the development of in-game events and sales. We need a disciplined person who has a passion for games, and experience managing live game economies and events. You will report to the Head of Product Management.
- Build a comprehensive, detailed and culturalized plan specific to your local region for in-game events, including sales, promos, limited-time events, while altering configurations for repeating events to develop cadence and rhythm.
- Directly manage the implementation of events (concept, asset management, asset development, configuration, testing & execution)
- Analyze important metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to determine user trends and behavior. Detect and surface game economy imbalances and concept/implement rebalancing plans.
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through split-testing and rapid, data-driven iteration.
- Coordinate and configure the in-game communication, in addition to the CRM to ensure all events are supported with the appropriate messaging to consumers.
- Support the product feature and tool roadmap by surfacing unmet player and admin needs.
- Work with the engineering team to design and implement tools and techniques for automating live events and offers for users.
- Previous work experience with free-to-play mobile games (3+ years)
- Fluent in local language and English
- Courage to take the leap from understanding what's going on to brainstorming ways to improve it. Success is about implementing campaigns and events that have a big impact on our users.
- Experience overseeing, building, and iterating functions and processes.
- Experience hitting revenue/metric targets on a live game.
- Identify obstacles and work through solutions.
- Skill in identifying risks and making changes to the plan.• Bachelor's degree
Community / Marketing Title: Lead LiveOps Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-14 17:36:26.07
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.