Senior Technical Director
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States • Sacramento, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Pasadena, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 166867
Position Title: Director Engineering
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) is responsible for bringing both quantitative and qualitative insights to the entire company (including all game teams) via Studio Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Science. The Analytics Solutions team is the engineering branch of SDI and is responsible for developing and improving our Studios data technical capabilities.
The Studios Analytics Solutions team is looking for a Sr. Technical Director with a proven track record in the data, analytics & live service space. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Analytics Solutions, you will be instrumental in designing, delivering and supporting scalable solutions used across the portfolio.
What you’ll do...
- Responsible for all technical decisions on infrastructure, cloud, and data solutions across the Analytics Solutions team and for their successful execution
- Drive multi-year technical planning across projects, with an eye on innovation and emerging analytics technologies
- Establish robust engineering standards and processes across the engineering team
- Ensure software design and implementation decisions are promptly made and clearly communicated
- Use metrics and analytics to anticipate future technology issues affecting the health or quality of the team and products
- Manage technical risks and opportunities
- Work with other team leaders to manage change
- Lead, coach and mentor software engineers on the team
- Recruit and retain great people to the team and company
Ideally you have...
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 10 years of software development experience in the Data/Analytics industry
- Minimum of 5 years managing highly technical resources and engineers in the Data/Analytics industry
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
- Excellent personal organization, ability to prioritize, proactively drive projects to completion
- Balanced technical, team, product, project and business requirements for successful outcomes
- Change management, experience adapting/changing status quo and traversing changes with people, products, and processes.
- Experience developing new talent
- RRSP (Canada) or 401K (USA) with company match and no vesting period.
- Restricted stock units for new hires.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-08-23 20:40:49.59
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.