DevOps Engineer - FIFA
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 166863
Position Title: DevOps Engineer III
We, the EA SPORTS DevOps team, are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join us. We're looking for candidates who are passionate about technology and have experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration.
You will report to the EA Bucharest DevOps Development Director and partner with the Technical Lead and Project Managers to estimate and complete projects and achieve excellent results. You will work with large-scale systems, using a diversity of technologies. You will create new systems, maintain the existing ones, and you will contribute to automation to reduce manual tasks.
- Be part of a global team working in a follow the sun model to support the amazing EA SPORTS games
- Design, configure and support all server environments; analyze the processes and technologies for year-over-year efficiency improvements
- Use industry-standard CI/CD tools to build pipelines that automate common operational tasks
- Troubleshoot game server infrastructure at various layers, including application, network, load balancing, operating system and application
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support feature launches, live events, and critical-level incident escalations
- Analyze incidents in a consistent postmortem process to ensure preventative measures and/or sufficient monitoring is in place to reduce time to restore in the future
- 4+ years of relevant experience with design, deployment and support of Linux-based server infrastructures
- Experience in using industry-standard CI/CD tools to build pipelines that automate common operational tasks (Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD or GitHub Actions)
- Experience with DevOps technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.) and their associated methodologies
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as GIT or Perforce
- Understands the purpose and operation of the various protocols that support TCP/IP-networked infrastructures
Nice to Have:
- Experience with public cloud hosting services with an API-oriented approach to programmatically manage resources
- Experience with advanced networking concepts (load balancing, routing principles, etc), infrastructure and protocols
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-05 16:50:44.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.