Software Engineer II
Emplacement: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 166862
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Software Engineer III
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
We are looking for highly talented and dedicated Software Engineers/Programmers who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development environments. As a Ad Tech Software Engineer, you will be an integral member of a team building optimal mobile solution that can enhance Ad revenues for EA Mobile
You will be working with our candid and collaborative team, where your knowledge and advice about using technology to grow our Ad business in various ways will be highly appreciated. The code you write will need to be cleanly organized and of the highest quality. You will also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience.
Here's how your day would look like:
- Act independently as a top-level contributor in architectural strategy for major, complex implementations involving high-volume, globally distributed services.
- A problem solver and hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Implement a strong architectural vision that scales for complex game services.
- Be a key partner/owner of the ad-tech roadmap including the development of tools and
- experiments focused on improving how we leverage ad-tech.
- Be responsible for end-to-end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to
- implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards regarding code quality and
- Estimate engineering effort during multiple stages of product life cycle.
- Track development deliverables and communicate their statuses, risks to global teams.
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance from inception through integration, staging and production environments to deliver solid test cases.
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects, and product managers.
- Ability to integrate research, conduct fail-fast POCs and implement MVPs at high velocity.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Maintain strong service catalog and up to date technical documentation.
- Establish logging, monitoring, analytics, and telemetry frameworks for the team.
- Establish & Enforce strong DevOps principles across all stages of development.
Who fits the bill:
- Extensive application development experience on Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS.
- Through understanding of Application lifecycle in Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS
- In depth knowledge on third party SDK integration. Preferably, Ad SDKs such as Google, Ironsource, FAN, Vungle etc.
- Fluent in C++ or C# with strong OOP fundamentals
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in Games/Mobile application development.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- Familiarity with the JSON and XML formats
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns—MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture—and the ability to choose the best solution for the application.
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Clear understanding of development using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Most important of all, you need to love games!
Nice to Have Skills:
- Previous experience working with ads-related third-party libraries, APIs, architecture, etc. a major value add.
- Experience with Game engines and libraries like Unity, Cocos and Unreal.
- Understanding of mobile application development guidelines defined by first party(Apple and Google).
What to Expect:
- A relaxed, supportive working atmosphere
- The ability to work with your choice of OS, IDE and tools
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions with a wide range of talented engineers
- Career progression and mentoring
- A unique set of technical challenges to tackle
- The opportunity to expand and grow as an engineer
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. est un des chefs de file mondiaux sur le marché du divertissement numérique interactif. EA propose des jeux, contenus et services en ligne pour ordinateurs, téléphones portables, tablettes électroniques et consoles avec accès Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-06 07:39:32.37
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA est un employeur qui offre l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Toutes les décisions d'emploi sont prises sans prendre en considération les critères de race, couleur de la peau, origine ethnique, descendance, sexe, genre, identité ou expressions de genre, orientation sexuelle, âge, de nature génétique, religion, invalidité, état de santé, grossesse, situation matrimoniale, situation familiale ou état d'ancien combattant. EA veille aussi à procéder à des aménagements spéciaux en milieu de travail pour les candidats qualifiés et présentant une invalidité, tel que requis par la loi en vigueur.