Development Director II - FIFA
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States • Victoria, British Columbia, Canada • Ontario, Canada • Alberta, Canada • British Columbia, Canada • Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 166834
Position Title: DD II
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
We are looking for a very experienced person who is passionate about driving software and game quality to lead our FIFA products based in our Vancouver studio.
You will provide strategic and operational leadership for the Quality Assurance (QA) department, made up of Management, Quality Design, Engineering and Analytics. This multi-discipline department is a component of the development and live services for our FIFA franchise. You will report to the Senior Development Director for FIFA QA.
You will be located within commuting distance of the EA Vancouver offices or be willing to relocate to the area. *Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Manage the full operational aspects of the game development, including establishing development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management and budget.
- Oversee the full operational aspects of the project development, including framework, reporting, risk management, resource management and budget.
- Oversee mentoring a Quality Assurance team; recruiting, onboarding, and retention.
- Work with the project leadership to establish the strategy to accomplish milestones and important deliverables.
- Ensure the team has the best organizational structure and processes that allow them to produce high-quality projects on time and on budget.
- Improve efficiency and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling and fun working environment
- Help the team focus on the essential few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of the studio objectives, and helps the team break down complex problems.
- Maintain and publish project Indicators that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Establish regular communication with team and partners to provide project status updates.
- 7+ years of Operations and Leadership experience with the ability to challenge partners.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of project operations acquired from 5+ years experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
- Experience managing a large project with Agile project management principles and practices.
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director II - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-07-05 22:51:48.393
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.