Gameplay Software Engineer (C++, Unreal)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166797
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
Maxis is looking for an experienced engineer that can help us bring the next wave of gameplay and simulation features to life. This engineer will work with an experienced team that has collectively built almost all Maxis games in the past two decades. You will work with multiple designers and simulation engineers prototyping and shipping multiple features that expand the gameplay possibilities of Sims games. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints.
You will report to a Development Director. As a Gameplay Engineer for a game at Maxis, you will
- Work with designers, producers, artists, and other core and backend engineers to build a framework that brings designs to life.
- Implement a data-driven simulation system to author player facing behaviors in C++.
- Build creative aspects of 'real life' within a simulation game (e.g. socialization, careers, weather, or unique characters).
- Author technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- Build unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on development role.
- Demonstrate technical abilities with large projects implemented in C++.
- Experience building and shipping AAA games
- Previous engineering experience overseeing major systems in code bases.
- Experience developing for large-scale live products. Products that always update to provide higher quality, and feature set to expand the possibilities in the game.
- Experience building features and tools for games (or applications) that support a collaborative User Generated Content community.
- Experience working in collaborative environments with versatile roles beyond engineering like design, production, art and product management.
- Experience optimizing performance and memory of real-time applications (like games).
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience developing for both PC and Mobile platform games.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience leading engineers in different projects.
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques applied in the games domain.
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer (C++, Unreal)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-06-29 23:21:53.6
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。