Development Director in Software Quality Assurance - DTS
Multiple Locations: Colorado, United States • Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166775
Position Title: DD I
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, has taken on their next mission of creating the newest FPS title for mobile: Battlefield. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to work towards our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
Our team culture is collaborative and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Project Development Director
The Quality Assurance - Project Development Director and team are accountable for defining and delivering the Strategic Planning and Operational Vision for the Quality Assurance group. You will work with partner program managers to establish schedules, establish budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics.
A Quality Assurance - Project Development Director will help develop knowledge transfer with our game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, improve of the QA practice across EA and share knowledge across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be an advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
Quality Assurance - Project Development Director must have both a solid project management background. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level plans and operational efficiency programs.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test responsibilities and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is a function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside partners are necessary to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA group Development Director we're looking for a passionate Quality Assurance - Project Development Director to join our team to help coordinate and test our mobile titles.
Primary responsibilities expected are as follows:
- Manage whole project from the quality point of view with the ability to speak to the project in detail
- Process and workflow management, identifying and building processes through development and live project cycles
- Resource management/planning, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
- Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating return on investment and cost vs benefit analysis
- Work with our partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project indicators
- Lead change with the ability to reprioritize business tasks to keep the engagement level high
- Can develop talent, mentors and cultivates others within their project team
- Establish, monitoring and driving product quality indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes are followed to protect and uphold product quality
- Work with partners across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Promote quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to partners using data that represent product quality indicators
- Active participation in the test responsibilities and processes
- Advocate and promote a culture of quality
You will speak to the following levels of experience
- QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum: 7+ years of experience in a software development environment
- 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
- 5 years minimum of leadership experience
- Risk management techniques
- Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
- Converse across all kinds of disciplines
- Understand analytics and indicators as a way of tracking product quality
- Comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote excellent quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
- Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 and Unreal
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business.
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, processes and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Proficient in Jira
- Experience shipping mobile titles
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director in Software Quality Assurance - DTS
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-06-29 05:09:59.67
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.