Senior Software Engineer - (Mobile Central Tech)
Multiple Locations: Utah, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 166773
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Sr. Game Server Engineer (EA Studios, Mobile Central Tech Team)
We Are EA
And we make games! How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
What you’ll do...
- Develop ultra fast, massively scalable, highly available game servers and services supporting many games.
- Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating.
- Apply and improve server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
- Own the “big picture” and work with team members to align efforts.
- Mentor other developers, review their work, and make recommendations for improvement.
Ideally you have...
- A strong desire to create scalable game servers and services using modern tech for modern games.
- Top notch programming skills – preference for experienced Java developers, but we hold nothing against other languages.
- A respect for skilled hackers and a healthy level of paranoia that drive your security-centric approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with technical leadership.
- Broad experience with some of the following:
- Frameworks (e.g. Spring boot)
- Build tools (e.g, Gradle, SBT, Maven)
- Static analysis tools (e.g., Coverity, Sonar, PMD)
- Test frameworks (e.g., JUnit, TestNG, Spring)
- Linux scripting (e.g., Bash, Python, Groovy)
- Prior experience with AWS and/ or Google Cloud Platform
- Linux Systems Administration and/or scripting experience
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Social APIs / 3rd Party SDK Integration
- Redis / Memcached data caching solutions
- Kotlin / JVM based languages
Perks & Benefits
- RRSP with company match and no vesting period.
- Restricted stock units for new hires.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer - (Mobile Central Tech)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-06-30 01:01:01.57
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。