Group Technical Director
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166758
Position Title: Technical Director II
The Opportunity Ahead
Do you want to help make games better? As a Group Technical Director in the Mobile Quality Verification team, you will report to the Senior QV Director. As part of the worldwide Quality Verification organisation you will help improve the way we make and test games across the EA's Mobile studios group. We are looking for a curious and passionate person who is always looking for ways to improve the quality of life for QA, developers, and the ultimate experience for our players. Your insights and your influence will allow us to make the highest quality games possible and have fun whilst doing it.
Using automated testing, workflow tools, and data insights, your team makes it as easy as possible to create and test high-quality games, you will help ensure that the game will always be stable through all stages of development.
Are you someone who knows "we can do better", and can walk that path? Then we want to hear from you.
- Create technical strategies to ensure effective QA engagements across multiple groups and projects.
- Guide the quality development discipline forwards as part of the global Quality Technology Council and the worldwide Quality Verification organization.
- Participate in the Quality Verification planning and strategies for each product within the Mobile group.
- Ensure the excellence of our embedded and in-sourced tools development services.
- Oversee all project dependencies, risks, and critical paths.
- Promote achievement of the Quality Verification team’s business goals and develop policies for sharing software, technical innovation, business processes and other intellectual property.
- Help create a strong technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
- Work with other team leaders to manage change.
- Lead, coach and mentor software engineers on the team.
- Recruit and retain great people to the team and company.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 10 years’ technology industry technical experience working on tools, test automation, and software development.
- At least 4 years’ technology industry technical experience working with video games.
- Knowledge of game application technologies, spanning client, server, live operations and infrastructure systems.
- Game development contributions that demonstrate the above requirements with a high level of proficiency.
- Balance technical, team, product, project and business requirements for successful outcomes.
- Experience leading technical teams that are distributed across multiple studios and time zones.
- Change management, experience adapting/changing status quo and traversing changes with people, products, and processes.
- Experience with multi-studio development.
- Experience developing new talent.
- Able to travel.
Given that you will have a role with a worldwide scope, there are no specific location requirements. We are open to candidates who prefer to work remotely.
Community / Marketing Title: Group Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-26 00:30:34.743
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。