Senior Game Designer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166656
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Senior Game Designer
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it’s about amazing our fans. Taking risks. Working with each other. Daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As a Designer on The Sims, you’ll report to the Design Development Director and work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to design and implement player-first experiences from end to end that surprise, delight, and invite millions of gamers around the world to Play with Life.
The Sims 4 has a very unique player base with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
- You will advocate for and will represent the Design team to the dev team.
- You will help establish best practices for the team.
- You will brainstorm and write designs, and provide feedback to other designers.
- You will be a mentor to more junior members of the team.
- You have a depth of knowledge across a majority of systems, being able to oversee entire pillars for a pack and train/support the team on its features.
- You will establish gameplay experience goals for designs, and tune features to meet those goals.
- You will refine designs based on our playtests, game metrics, team input and community feedback.
- You are a convergent thinker, using the tools and time/scope available to create unique and fun experiences for players.
- You will work with all team disciplines, including artists, animators, modelers, engineers and producers to get support from the team and guide a project from initial design to final production.
- You will become an expert on the game and our community, drawing from our large, varied player base and our past games to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward.
- You have an eye for improving process and efficiency to make life easier for the Design team.
- At least 7 years of game design experience on a video game development team.
- Excellent creative, analytical and organization skills with the ability to write and maintain detailed design documentation throughout a project life cycle.
- You are progressive thinker while remaining flexible, energetic and motivated to overcome challenges with practical solutions.
- Experience leading a design and getting the team excited to work on it.
- Eager to explore best practices and become proficient in multiple proprietary development tools.
- Design and implementation experience with game features which focus on open-ended player creativity.
- Effective at working both autonomously and in groups of different profiles.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing and creating.
- Experience with games in The Sims PC franchise and other simulation games.
- Desirable Skill: Shipped a AAA HD title.
- Desirable Skill: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Desirable Skill: Experience with MS suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), Google Docs, Visio, JIRA, online collaboration suites such as Confluence.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Date Opened: 2021-06-23 05:45:38.917
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.