Technical Director - EAX Quality Engineering
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166572
Position Title: Associate Technical Director
EAX is responsible for the development and delivery of some of EA’s biggest products, including Origin, EA Play, and the new EA Desktop App. The EAX Quality Verification (QV) team is a cross-functional group that manages the releases and quality operations of those products. As part of the EAX Quality Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting edge web technologies on the market today, while supporting the development team in its effort to release world class features for EA’s Player Network initiatives.
As part of EAX’s Data & Content Delivery team, you will be responsible for guiding the automated testing strategy for EAX’s underlying APIs and services that serve millions of players around the world. You will be an advocate for automation and quality, leading key initiatives to ensure that software is released using automated gating mechanisms so that our releases meet our highest quality standards. You will be initiating and leading a team responsible for the automation of tests, and infrastructure needed to ensure the continuous delivery of EAX’s products and services. You would collaborate with the tooling team on any additional tooling and services required to maintain and release the software automatically at quality.
In your day-to-day activities, you will be working with agile development teams, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming while helping to identify and fill gaps in test coverage. You will contribute heavily to your team’s suite of processes, and best practices, while collaborating with development leadership to identify process and tool improvements, product scope changes, and plan priorities and approaches for test execution.
What you will do
- Implement the automation strategy for Continuous-Delivery of high quality and stable builds for APIs and services that reach millions of users
- Be the main point of contact for questions related to the state of automation for our development partners
- Lead and mentor a team of quality engineers for scrum teams
- Define and deliver on quality metrics, goals and OKRs for QE team
- Improve quality engineering processes, best practices, & developer workflows in collaboration with the EM and the ATD on the team
- Collaborate with development partners in understanding the technical direction, design, and architecture to assist with better testing approaches
- Hands-on development for more centralized tools and techniques
- Actively participate in prioritization, project scoping, planning, design, and execution
- Investigate complex problems and live site issues and drive root cause analysis (RCA).
- Report to the engineering manager and align on the automation plans and tactics to ensure that the right efforts are prioritized
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, & 5+ years relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience with test automation and have a QA mindset, passionate about quality
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and framework.
- Good understanding of full stack software development.
- Knowledgeable about architecture & system design best practices, including scalability & performance considerations
- Strong understanding of modern web technologies including REST APIs, GraphQL, and other backend service development
- Understanding of common architectural and design patterns
- Experience with Continuous-Delivery, and Agile development, including feature flags and experimentation frameworks is a huge plus
- Experience developing and supporting API services at scale
- Familiarity with event-driven and streaming architectures such as ActiveMQ and Kafka
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket etc
- Experience mentoring peers and less senior developers
- Exposure to production deployment practices, including monitoring log files and conducting rollbacks
- Experience with a cloud provider (especially AWS) and Kubernetes
- Experience with microservices and high-complexity API services
You’ll work closely with
- Quality designers, other technical directors, engineering managers and development directors to deliver quality engineering solutions for our development partners
- Technical leadership and other groups to determine, road map and provide the best technical strategy and engineering standards to allow our business direction
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director - EAX Quality Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-16 16:42:02.16
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.