L2 Desktop Specialist – Temporary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166571
Position Title: ITO Services Specialist I
Job Title: ITO Service Specialist I
A full time, site specific position focused on IT client based solutions enabling the development of games. Position will be responsible for doing desktop work within the EA Vancouver desktop team. Role will require “self-starter” mentality and will require pro-active collaboration with L2 and L3 desktop techs. Position to participate in IT communities focused on knowledge sharing. On-call after hours support for local studio desktop support organization is a requirement.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key Skills:
- Work in an environment in which level 2 technicians will be motivated to provide best in class customer service. o Willing to learn the technology, improve their customer service delivery skills, and broaden their skill base. Able to assume greater responsibility in day to day operations of desktop support.
- Strong understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, development game consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking.
- Strong understanding in Apple Mac and Apple Mac specific software, and Apple Mac support is a plus.
- Strong background in testing and optimizing client workstations and applications.
- Strong understanding of microprocessor hardware and application across all device types
- Knowledge and understanding of video conferencing equipment and usage. o Able to provide desktop support to VP level executive
- 100% L2 level work
- Provide frontline support for technical issues
- Set direction from desktop technology standpoint WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate technical skills and experience.
- Intermediate understanding of current Desktop (and technology) hardware standards and future hardware releases.
- Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, DevTrack, Visual Studio, Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, Skype for Business, and Cisco video conferencing.
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Apple/Mac, Active Directory, SCCM 2012, and McAfee EPO.
- Understanding of basic network protocols as well as network hardware.
- Intermediate hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a massive environment required.
- Intermediate knowledge of development and test hardware functionality including: updating firmware, updating to latest release for Xbox One and Sony PS4. Troubleshooting dev/test kit capabilities and knowledge of RMA process.
- Basic understanding of server side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
- Intermediate hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment required.
Education / Experience or Equiv.
- Some knowledge of system fundamentals
- Understands distributed system and network interaction
- Willing to learn best practices
- Good knowledge of network/servers and storage.
- 1-2 yrs. Active Directory experience.
Complexity of Problem Solving
- Can answer some aspects of complex hardware
- Can find details on application and network errors
Freedom to Act/ Autonomy
- Acts independently for system tasks
- Receives general direction from management
Scope of Impact
- Low to Medium impact
- Works with internal customers solving complex problems
- Works with Entry Level Desktop Technicians
- Recommends purchase decisions
Interpersonal Skills/ Leadership Capability/ Action Values
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Can make presentations
Community / Marketing Title: L2 Desktop Specialist – Temporary
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-16 17:36:51.287
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.