Manager, Commercial Intelligence
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Los Angeles, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 166529
Position Title: Senior Marketing Specialist I
We are Electronic Arts' Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere. We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
The Commercial Intelligence Team partners across Commercial, Brand and Studio functions, to provide insight and guidance on multiple aspects of a game’s launch and lifecycle, from gameplay features to business model. As Commercial Intelligence Manager, you will be primarily responsible for driving the development of tools, reports and processes that serve the broader Commercial Intelligence function. You will achieve this through best-in-class project management skills, fueled by a passion for the games industry.
- You will act as a cross-functional lead, guiding teams in the creation of tools such as trend detection. Setting initial scope, establishing milestones and feature roadmaps.
- You will catalog and monitor industry trends over time, communicating not just what happened, but what it means for EA
- You will create regularly cadenced trend reports, communicating game industry and game industry-adjacent trends to all levels of the organization
- You will deconstruct notable industry events, reverse engineering public-facing information to infer underlying causes
- You will host cross-functional knowledge-sharing sessions through established relationships across EA
- You will become an expert and be relied upon to support senior decision makers at EA with an in-depth understanding of the industry
Experience & Skills
- A deep passion for games and the games industry, demonstrated in either professional experience or through personal projects
- Total work experience of 5+ years with at least 2 years in a strategic, or project/product management role.
- Demonstrable project management experience, including familiarity with associated tools and methodologies
- Comfortable working with data including manipulation and visualization (Excel required. SQL, R, Python, Tableau all a big plus)
- A concise communicator, familiar with building short and long-form reports and presentations for multiple levels of seniority (both in email and presentation software, such as PowerPoint or Google Slides)
- MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present to executive management
- Understanding of how to read corporate documentation such as earnings reports and filings
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Commercial Intelligence
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-18 15:09:25.42
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.