Full-stack Software Engineer III - Live Services
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166525
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group develops new unified Big Data pipelines across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. The Data & AI Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
You will report to a Senior Manager of Software Engineering - EADP Data.
- Help build a unified platform across EA, extract and process massive data from spanning 20+ game studios, and use the insight to serve massive online requests
- Work with our PM and studio teams to determine feature specifications and build the next generation of unified data platform
- Implement web applications and interfaces using front-end technologies like React, HTML, and CSS
- Work with operations and infrastructure teams to build web services
- Develop reporting systems that inform on important metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Develop large-scale online platform to personalize player experience and provide reporting and feedback
- Write reliable and efficient programs to process and consume massive (petabyte) datasets with large clusters of machines
- Develop both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Develop batch and real-time processing
- Work with data modelers, data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and bring to production
*Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered*
- MS degree and 3+ years or BS and 5+ years of software development experience writing clean reusable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Experience working with front-end technologies, front-end frameworks or user interface design.
- Fluency with an Object-oriented language including Java Or C++, and SQL, Python
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash,awk, or python
- Experience with distributed system to serve massive concurrent requests
- Experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses
- Experience working with columnar analytics databases or relational databases.
- Experience with data modeling and BI tools
Community / Marketing Title: Full-stack Software Engineer III - Live Services
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-14 19:18:22.767
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.