Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 166500
Position Title: Game Designer I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Edit dialogue and unvoiced game text for consistency, style, clarity, concision, voice, and IP accuracy, working with our writers and other designers of plots to produce a high-quality narrative experience.
- Ensure the technical elements of game dialogue are consistent and accurate, including VO line notes, flags for tone and volume, situation synopses, ESRB flags.
- Create IP documentation for projects, and coordinate other writing/editing team members who contribute to these resources.
- Liaise between our writing, editing, voice-over, and localization teams as game dialogue are recorded and localized. Be an IP resource for our VO and localization teams, and the actors/directors/translators who work with them, to answer questions, provide story and character background.
- Work with BioWare's business development team to provide IP/game information for multiple ancillary products created by teams outside the studio, including game guides, novels, apps.
- Field editing tasks from other company departments through Editing Help Tickets.
- You will report to the Narrative Director.
- 5+ years of experience as an editor with preferable experience in video games.
- Experience working with non-linear text.
- Familiar with products in the Role Playing space.
- Comfortable working with groups or artists, designers, programmers, and producers.
- Familiarity with video game tools specific to text and dialogue entry.
Community / Marketing Title: Editor
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-06-14 18:26:38.887
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。