Associate Quality Designer
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 166472
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
We are looking for an experienced Test expert for EA China studio in Shanghai. You will have solid experience driving qualities with in-depth understanding of software design and implementation. You will identify quality issues and bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. You will become the voice of quality for the project. Also, we require test strategies and experience which challenge the software to provide a very high level of quality.
- You will partner with development team to build a game quality plan for assigned area throughout the game development cycle to ensure to meet highest quality
- You will need to analyze bugs to accelerate “Bug Flow” between internal and external (including oversea) partners
- You will research defects to provide detailed insight to all partners
- You will provide feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by using solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
- You will identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
- You will perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements-based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing
- You will analyze potential risks to features and systems and escalate
- You will recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- You will provide feedback on the efficiency of team processes
- Analyzes the data and information to develop theories that can translate into potential experiments relevant to the subject. For example, highlighting player risks and impact on test conditions
- Proposes recommendations to address immediate risks and opportunities based on the data and research performed
- Connects with stakeholders to influence best practices, decisions or immediate change based on researched facts or trends
- Coordinates and adapts test efforts, ensures that these are accordingly with the project's overall priorities and strategy.
- Monitors test activities or processes focus based off the project needs and partner teams with the purpose of adapting the strategy.
- Ensures that quality standards are part of the proposed strategy and drives towards a holistic approach for own domain.
- Defines and contributes to project documentation, such as test, feature, or automation briefs.
- Actively involved in discussions with stakeholders, peers and team to gain a clear overview of prioritizes, existing risks, gaps or changes.
- Recognizes, adapts and monitors changes towards existing priorities and strategy.
- 3+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
- Knowledge of technical writing concepts and experience an asset.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities.
- Experience with express ideas in the form of comprehensive reports, analysis and presentations.
- Experience with QAs' involvement throughout the development cycle.
- Proficiency in read/write English.
- Experience with identify risks and escalate to applicable partners.
- Understanding of software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA.
- Experience with SQL/MySQL or other similar database knowledge.
- Experience with Power BI or other similar data analysis tool is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-14 09:27:57.873
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.