Lighting Artist (Temporary)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166463
Position Title: Lighter 2
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Illuminating the worlds and characters in our games, the EA Create Lighting team is setting new standards in lighting in-game, cinematics and narrative sequences.
We focus on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners, we share a unified passion for creating outstanding visuals. We are adventurous, creative, courageous and we take chances. We are looking for pioneers who cut new paths.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
- Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
- Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
Required Technical Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography.
- Solid Experience using at least one of the industry standard 3D packages, including Maya, Houdini, XSI, 3D Studio Max, and Blender
- Experience using game engines including Unreal, Unity, Frostbite
- Knowledge of colour theory, composition, light, and form
- Proficient at rendering
- Strong ability to work from reference materials
- Strong ability to light complex interior and exterior scenes.
- Experience with film, photography, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
- Creating shading networks, polygonal modelling, and texture UV is considered an asset
- You should work well within a team
- You will provide high-quality work
- Experience working in games
Community / Marketing Title: Lighting Artist (Temporary)
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-11 19:15:36.94
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。