Character Director - EA Sports
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166462
Position Title: Character Director
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with global EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. We are a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios Worldwide, and we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Characters team enriches players' experience with a cast of characters and variety of character accessories such as full body outfits, uniforms, accessories, hair and headgear.
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Director / Lead Character Artist to join our NHL Art Team.
The NHL Character Director is a creative role part of our Art Leadership team - working with the Art-Director, Development Directors, Tech Leads and other Department Leads to define & execute the Visual vision for the game.
By leading our Character team, you will oversee visual quality for the content and experiences you will help create.
For this role you will report to Project Development Director.
Who You Are:
- Experienced with 7+ years of Game-industry character creation production
- You have experience participating in the creation of visual targets and asset pipeline developments, in collaboration with Art Director, Project Managers & Technical Managers
- You have experience overseeing character developments across multiple Features, Asset-categories, Hair & Cloth
- You have experience leading a mid-size team of internal artists (10 – 15+ artists) to achieve high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints
- You have experience mentoring your team, and you have a passion for developing others
- You have expert-level modeling experience with Maya and ZBrush (high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly)
- You have expert-level texturing experience with Substance Painter and Photoshop with an overall emphasis on realism
- You are knowledgeable of PBR workflows and how to create game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
- You have experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity)
- You are an expert in proportion and composition with an eye for surface and color
- You have experience designing new workflows, troubleshooting and improving processes within a team to enhance character fidelity as a whole
Community / Marketing Title: Character Director - EA Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-11 16:20:32.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.