Technical Artist - User Interface (Frostbite)
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 166409
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Technical Artist - User Interface
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship amazing games.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA delivers games, content and online services for consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators. Your passion and expertise with the technical challenges of Game UI tools will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
- Use your technical expertise to guide development of Frostbite's UI tool set for creation of menu systems and user interfaces.
- Collaborate directly with engineers to improve the usability of Frostbite's UI creation tool and help steer the design of new features.
- Work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos, and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community.
- Collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite.
- Experience developing UI features from concept to live services
- Experience in node-based visual programming
- Experience with UX systems and methodologies
- Experience with motion graphics and animation of 2D interfaces
- Understanding of gaming platforms, their limitations, and requirements for UI solutions
- 2+ years of experience with AAA or mobile game development or Mobile App development
Bonus Points for:
- Background in graphic design or illustration
- Experience with After Effects
- Experience with 3D DCC tools and game engines
- Experience with shader graph systems
- Love of learning, experimenting with new ideas and discovering ways to improve production workflows
More about our studio: www.frostbite.com
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist - User Interface (Frostbite)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-06-10 19:51:31.587
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。