DevOps Engineer - Cloud Gaming
Location: Caesarea, Haifa District, Israel
Requisition Number: 166396
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group is the core powering the global EA ecosystem. We provide the foundation for all of EA's incredible games and player experiences with high-level platforms like Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their work, we let them focus on making some of the best games in the world and creating meaningful relationships with our players. We're behind the curtain, making it all work together. Come power the future of play with us.
We are a multi-discipline team of engineers supporting our live services and the developers who create them. We focus on the next generation distribution platform for games using a patented Cloud Gaming platform. As OPS our role covers the entire life-cycle of a product, from operational design aspects, software stack delivery, to on-call incident response and triage. We focus on automation and continuous integration/delivery, ensuring that everything we deliver is efficient and supportable.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who will collaborate with multiple teams to improve our operational flows and infrastructure. We develop the next generation of gaming platforms to bring new experiences to new gamers anywhere. Our environments are challenged by marketing promotions, game launches, and security threats. We are passionate about automation.
You will report to the Senior Operations Manager.
- You will be the escalation path for on-call incident response
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye towards future prevention
- You will create configuration management and Cloud infrastructure automation
- You will work towards operational excellence by identifying opportunities to automate away manual processes.
- You will contribute to the design and implementation of CI/CD pipelines for all that we build
- You will design and deploy cloud infrastructure and services
- You will address security and monitoring improvements to our live service
- You will automate applications to monitor service health, perform log analysis, and automate recovery
- You will maintain security standards across everything we support.
- You will produce documentation, runbooks, and support tooling for online support teams
- 3 + years DevOps experience
- CI/CD implementation experience
- Experience working with Cloud Provider -Mainly AWS
- Experience working with git and SCM -GitLab an Advantage
- Knowledge with Kubernetes and Microservice architecture
- Scripting and automation skills (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Background in Windows and Linux Administration
- Experience with IAC tools such as Terraform
- Experience with Monitoring Tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Zabbix)
- Background knowledge in Databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Knowledge in Loggin Systems (ELK, Loki)
- Experience with networking Skills
- Familiar with deployment tools and Gitops Tools
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer - Cloud Gaming
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-14 13:30:13.493
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.