Directeur.rice de Production / Production Director
Multiple Locations: Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 166373
Position Title: Sr DD
Franchise Development Director (Production Director)
“Motive” is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we’re not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You’ll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
As the Franchise Development Director, your main responsibility is to partner with the Executive producer for all development and operational aspects of the game development, including establishing a development framework, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, resource management, and budget.
As an important leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, development partners, studio leadership, and EA executives, the Production Director will report to the game Producer.
- Work with the project leadership team to establish the strategy to meet milestones and important deliverables
- Guide the project manager for the team: scope definition, dependencies, resource planning, and cost analysis that creates an achievable project plan, return on investment evaluation.
- Use appropriate processes, techniques, and technologies to promote collaboration between team members.
- Build an engaged group with an understanding of what inspires the individuals and team.
- Promote knowledge sharing, learning, reconciling conflicting goals, sharing resources amongst your team.
- Help the team keep its focus: filter issues based on a clear understanding of the studio goals, and help the team break down complex problems
- Develop project indicators that track project quality, delivery, and predictability
- Identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by a coordinated application of resources to minimize and manage risks.
- Establish regular communication with team and partners to provide project status updates
- Partner with the wider company spanning from QA, outsourcing vendors, Frostbite, EA Digital Platform teams
- Ensure the team engagement and health all along with the production
- Handle financial management: financial planning and financial control
- In-depth knowledge of game operations acquired from 8+ years’ experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects
- Experience managing medium-large teams or development studios within the video game industry
- Rigorous logic, disciplined methods, understanding feelings
- A deep sense of care for the team
- In-depth knowledge of project operations
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
Community / Marketing Title: Directeur.rice de Production / Production Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-08 17:00:34.737
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.