Product Manager, Gameplay (Apex Mobile)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 166369
Position Title: Lead Game PM
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle.
We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values atrespawn.com/studio
As Product Manager, Gameplay Performance, you will oversee strategies and features that are crucial to Apex Mobile's success. You'll lead the strategic direction of systems like Anti-Cheat, Matchmaking, and major systems supporting our client Performance.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Performance & Live Operations and will work with product and design leads to ensure that our systems provide an outstanding player experience.
The ideal candidate has a background in operating live games and managing complex systems.
- Ensure the quality of our Match Making systems is excellent for play while still providing exciting matches for all segments of our players.
- Create the vision for how we handle malicious players and ensure our gameplay is free of cheaters and hackers.
- Guide the vision for how our players engage with the product as it relates to server location, ping, and connectivity.
- Build a comprehensive strategy for the build quality and client performance standards of Apex Mobile.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to create a roadmap for improvement
- Report on metrics holistically and regionally to highlight opportunities for improvement
- Analyze our client performance to inform strategic direction.
- Bachelor's Degree: (Computer Science, Statistics, Business, or Math)
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- Experience with free-to-play games systems and economies.
- Experience with one of the following systems: (Match-making, Server Architecture, Anti-Cheat.)
- Can summarize clear thoughts and have presented to multiple important partners.
- Team Player, understanding important contributors while working towards a common goal on multiple projects.
- Experience working in mobile games with complex economies.
- Experience managing teams and expectations.
- Speak Mandarin & English
- Prior work experience with a Consulting Agency
- Graduate degree in quantitative or computer science disciplines
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager, Gameplay (Apex Mobile)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-06-08 23:34:29.687
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.