Core Animation Software Engineer (C++, Unreal) - Maxis
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 166368
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Development Director as an Animation Engineer you will work on the animation system subsystem within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints. Some prototypes and features may be done completely in C++.
You will guide the delivery of the following:
- Work with the design team to identify animation tech and prototyping needs.
- Develop animation prototypes.
- Improve existing prototypes.
- Design specifications for production level subsystems.
- Create task implementation plans.
- Provide time estimates for tasks.
- Implement production level subsystems.
- Improve code to reach the desired performance.
- Document implemented components.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers.
- Learn new technologies needed to complete the tasks.
- Perform as an expert to the team.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 2+ years experience implementing complex game subsystems.
- 4+ years experience programming in C++.
- Desktop (PC/Mac) development experience required.
- Experience delivering high-quality tools for content creators
- An understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motion in 3D space.
- Experience working directly with animators and other non-engineer content creators to solve artistic problems creatively.
- Experience with and interest in achieving high-quality animation, especially in games.
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Prototype applications.
- Guide other engineers through the development process.
- Document specifications.
- Experience with machine learning technologies and toolchains, especially in the area of generated animation
- Experience with DCC animation toolsets (Maya, 3DS Max, or others.)
- Experience with C#, WPF, and Python
- Experience with mobile platforms
Community / Marketing Title: Core Animation Software Engineer (C++, Unreal) - Maxis
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-06-07 18:14:28.553
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.